Sunday, October 19, 2008

Rental fees.

PRESERVATION INSANITY has moved! 
Please visit its new location at (and reset your bookmarks to):



I had to share this. For a few years, I had the honor of being the only distribution source for the films of Robert Nelson. As nice as this was, I had wanted him to put the films back into Canyon Cinema (which he co-founded), not just to take some burden off of me, but really to make them a lot more accessible. This was finally done, I think in early 2008. Anyway, sometime in early 2007, Nelson sent me this letter which detailed a plan for rental fees for his films and the various discounts for which interested parties might be eligible. I laughed my ass off when I got this.

About a month later, Bob sent another letter saying the films should instead all be rented for free.

(As it stands now, several of the films are available (not for free) from Canyon Cinema, with additional ones still available through Bob and me via the Academy Film Archive.)

1 comment:

DouglasGraves said...

This cracks me up. He's hilarious. I guess I would qualify for his lover of avant-garde film 5% discount. I can't wait to see his films.